Moved to a different team, again

After one year and three months in my team, I am being moved to another one. I'll be doing exactly the same job with the same pay, but I will have to learn a lot of new, useless procedures. I JUST HATE IT, I always take a lot of time and stress to learn the new procedures for the new team. That's not a promotion or a demotion, just a team shift. I do not know whether to just soldier on, or to write a complaint to the HR. The second options could backfire, the "people" in there could use it against me. By the way, they have a good reason to move me: I am one of the few people in my team that was able to get a SC. Hell, I am going to get drunk as a skunk tonight and think about it tomorrow morning.

Parents
  • After one year and three months in my team, I am being moved to another one.

There is always a period of adjustment when moving teams and it is always unsettling for those of us who love routine.

Think of it of a case where once you learn it all then it is just a different routine and you now have the added benefit of experience of yet another way of doing things. Sometimes a manager will move staff so they are familiar enough with different roles to be useful in covering in each team in the event of staff shortages - the fact you were asked to do this may reflect the fact they thought you were capable of doing this.

Give it a few months to settle into the new routine and for it to become comfortable.

If by SC you mean Security Clearance then congrats - this does open up lots of other possibilities if you decide to change employers now (yet more change) but that gives the scope for a proper promotion if you decide to do it.

Enjoy your celebration drinks - you have earned them.

• No, they are just desperate. The other team cannot retain staff because it's a horribly boring place where you have to deal with people from the government ('nuff said). Everybody who can leave leaves, only fools and desperate people stay.

Maybe they hope that I will find the job so boring and stressful that I will quit or have a total breakdown in the office. In that case, I fear that they really got me this time.

• No, they are just desperate. The other team cannot retain staff because it's a horribly boring place where you have to deal with people from the government ('nuff said). Everybody who can leave leaves, only fools and desperate people stay.

Maybe they hope that I will find the job so boring and stressful that I will quit or have a total breakdown in the office. In that case, I fear that they really got me this time.

Children
No Data