Bad Experience Today.

Just having a bit of a vent, my wife makes my rolls for my lunch along with my sons. He leaves for work before me. I went later and took the remaining rolls, unbeknown to me he had taken my usual cheese rolls. The morning was busy, I grabbed a roll and took a big bite, it was tuna, I immediately gagged and vomited. The taste and shock was horrible, I felt anxious afterwards. Sorry most probably sound silly. I will check in he future! I sometimes feel I’m not autistic, then something happens and I realise I’m different.

• That happened to me once when i bit into a fish-finger sandwich.
    The fish was fine but i was so ill once i realised i had bitten my fingers off.

• Not silly at all mate! On one occasion my Ma accidentally used the wrong jam in my lunch back in the days of high school and I had a complete meltdown. I was sick, crying, shaking and it was all because it was the wrong jam and I was used to having my jam.

That day, a lot of people probably thought I was being silly and fussy but I know we can all understand why we get affected that way.

There's no shame in it and I'm sorry that happened to you. 

Hope today is a lot better for you man.

• Maybe your wife could use different style or colour tupperware for each of you in future so it's less likely to happen again? 

I think even if I were NT I'd still be shocked and appalled if I bit into something and tasted tuna. It's such a strong tasting thing that it's pretty much the worst possible situation. 

• Well, if that reaction is silly then I'm silly too, because that's exactly what would happen to me if I bit into a sandwich and it unexpectedly had mayonnaise in it. It's absolutely awful- the combination of a nasty surprise and sensory hell is extra terrible for us.

I hope you're feeling better now!

• No, I’m quite remote and unfortunately without being too graphic lost my breakfast as well. Lesson learnt! I did  have tea so managed.

• I once worked at a place where Friday was Subway order for Lunch. My order didn't arrive, and I ate someone else's order; thinking it was mine. 

• Oh dear!

Your experience reminds me of an occasion when I'd bought a chocolate chip muffin, or at least I'd thought it was a chocolate chip muffin. I took one bite and thought I was going to throw up. Having been anticipating the taste of a choc chip muffin, I realised that what I'd actually bought was a Blueberry muffin. Unfortunately for me, I don't like blueberries. Whilst it hadn't left me feeling anxious, I did feel compelled to call in at another shop and buy a drink to help to take away the taste.

Were you able to get yourself something else to eat for your lunch, or was it a matter of having to go without?

• Sorry this happened to you Roy.

It's not silly at all!

Massive change and shock for you in one day. I'm not surprised you reacted the way you did. I would have reacted similarly.

Sending virtual hugs.