Social Media - how do you manage it?

I wrote this last week after several years of absence from all things social media. I'm sharing it with you if you'd like to read it. Social Media: http://earlyinthemorning.co.uk/index.php/live-observe-learn-repeat/social-media  

If you don't have time nor inclination for that though, you probably have much to offer me and any others on this particular learning curve. So, in the context of social media, how do you manage to juggle the feeling of being bombarded and swamped with a kind of need to kind of semi-connect with other humans?

Parents
  • I mostly stick to sites like Tumblr where there's no algorithm and I have to specifically seek out content I like. When things get pushed on you as recommendations all the time it stresses me out, and I often don't like what's recommended anyway, so I never signed up to TikTok (for example) and have no intention of ever doing so.

I've found that if I stick to the places where there's more long-form content and niche interests, I'm less likely to feel bombarded by nonsense and more likely to feel there's room to make friends.

• I mostly stick to sites like Tumblr where there's no algorithm and I have to specifically seek out content I like. When things get pushed on you as recommendations all the time it stresses me out, and I often don't like what's recommended anyway, so I never signed up to TikTok (for example) and have no intention of ever doing so.

I've found that if I stick to the places where there's more long-form content and niche interests, I'm less likely to feel bombarded by nonsense and more likely to feel there's room to make friends.

Children