Living Independently/ After we have gone.

Has anyone had any experience with setting up an autisic adult in their own flat. Ideally we are looking for self contained accommodation with someone on site Mon-Fri 9-5 to offer minimal support. My daughter is quite capable in most things but just needs minimal support. I know I am not alone in this. 

Parents
  • You mention in the title about "after we have gone".

Do you mean once you die?

If you are planning for this situation then I would speak to an inheritance lawyer and get advice on how to look at setting up whatever sort of property you decide on with the least tax overhead for your daughter.

The government are currently looking to make most inheritances subject to high capital gains taxation so a bit of planning may avoid this.

As the money will be going to a good cause instead of for personal gain then I don't think it unreasonable to consider this option.

Do you have someone in mind to be her guarantor? It may also be worth getting legal advice on this so there is someone who can help out if there are issues with leasehold, shared maintenance costs etc that she may need help with understanding and even paying.

• Yes after we die. I know we need to set up a trust but this must wait until after we move. Again I would appreciate hearing of others experience with this.

Reply Children
No Data