Living Independently/ After we have gone.

Has anyone had any experience with setting up an autisic adult in their own flat. Ideally we are looking for self contained accommodation with someone on site Mon-Fri 9-5 to offer minimal support. My daughter is quite capable in most things but just needs minimal support. I know I am not alone in this. 

Parents
  • Have you looked into build-to-rent developments, often aimed at students or young professionals? I'm happy living independently in my own flat but need help arranging repairs, etc. Currently my ex helps me with that but I have thought that I could move into a development where the company that owns the building deals with all that, and there's a concierge on site to go to with problems. They're expensive but could be a good option if she's independent enough not to need personal care.

• Have you looked into build-to-rent developments, often aimed at students or young professionals? I'm happy living independently in my own flat but need help arranging repairs, etc. Currently my ex helps me with that but I have thought that I could move into a development where the company that owns the building deals with all that, and there's a concierge on site to go to with problems. They're expensive but could be a good option if she's independent enough not to need personal care.

Children
  • Yes, block of flats with concierge would be ideal. I was rather hoping that someone may already have moved into something like this. Surely we are not alone in looking for this. Not everyone needs 24/7 care.