Living Independently/ After we have gone.

Has anyone had any experience with setting up an autisic adult in their own flat. Ideally we are looking for self contained accommodation with someone on site Mon-Fri 9-5 to offer minimal support. My daughter is quite capable in most things but just needs minimal support. I know I am not alone in this. 

Parents
  • I think it is lovely that you are thinking ahead for the wellbeing off your daughter, I am sure she would be very comforted to know her interests are being looked out for. 

I guess there are two approaches: get her set up in a flat of her own, then pay for part-time carers to help (eg. visiting multiple times a day to help with tasks) or look into assisted living facilities where she can have more around the clock assistance. It's difficult to research assisted living facilities without knowing where you are located or where she might choose to be located. 

It also depends a lot on her/your financial position. Maybe try approaching citizens advice to see if they can signpost you to services in your geographic area? She may also be eligible for some sort of benefit UC or PIP to help support her in the longer run. 

• I think it is lovely that you are thinking ahead for the wellbeing off your daughter, I am sure she would be very comforted to know her interests are being looked out for. 

I guess there are two approaches: get her set up in a flat of her own, then pay for part-time carers to help (eg. visiting multiple times a day to help with tasks) or look into assisted living facilities where she can have more around the clock assistance. It's difficult to research assisted living facilities without knowing where you are located or where she might choose to be located. 

It also depends a lot on her/your financial position. Maybe try approaching citizens advice to see if they can signpost you to services in your geographic area? She may also be eligible for some sort of benefit UC or PIP to help support her in the longer run. 

Children
No Data