Help to find work

Hi, I need to find work please can anyone provide links to somewhere who can help support me with this. Similar to the people you’d see in school who would advise you on careers. Is there anyone who helps get autistic adults back in to work? I’m having such a hard time finding anything “autism friendly”. Also struggling to get interviews. Thank you

• Is there anyone who helps get autistic adults back in to work?

Can you give us an indication of what work experience you have please?

Do you have a sector you want to work in or type of job you love doing?

This info will help us shape the advice to be more meaningful for you.

• Citizens Advice might be able to help you get in touch with the right people who can help you with this.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/contact-us/contact-us/

Or have you thought of something you might be able to do from home? A lot of people with autism find working at home easier.

If it's easier in the beginning volunteering somewhere might help you get more comfortable and gain experience and potentially a reference for when you do get a paying job.

I hope this helps and good luck.

• It’s worth contacting your local council to see if they can offer any support or perhaps the job centre? 

• Look for a disability confident employer, I work for one and felt comfortable sharing my autism diagnosis at my interview. 

• all i can advise is to sign up for agencies. in a agencies they forward you work and you can often start right away with no interview required... i find that is pretty preferable... although the short term aspect of agencies put me off, but a agency job led me to full time anyway, i guess all the places that use agencies alot are rubbish places with high staff turnover... bad... but good if you can stick it out and get a assured contract. just then youd need to put up with rubbish bosses all the time as those places have high staff turnover due to rubbish abusive bosses.

im not sure what agencies would be relevant for you area. in the northwest you could try bulldog, place i work at uses those alot.

jobcenter and anything they can direct you to is a waste of time and isnt helpful and every "help" company the jobcenter works with are equally all just playing off the system for free money themselves while they will treat you like your the one doing that when they are actually doing that. so jobcenter is rubbish and unhelpful.... and i hope regulators or jobcenter bosses read that too so they can fix their rubbish system and get rid of all these moocher companies that "help" you fix your cv or whatever, they dont help, they are robbing the system