Do it profiler

Hi has anyone got any experience of an adult assessment using the do it profiler assessment online process? My 19 year old son was assessed like this as having several traits in all areas but the progamme deemed him not needing an assessment?

Bit of background we have had issues for a few years he has sensory issues, social and emotional issues and also other things going on he doesn't mask very well at all.  My younger (middle) son is 17 and has just received an autism diagnosis and he has masked the issues a lot better and because they have had no issues at school its not been flagged with the other issues

I have major mum guilt that I didn't know how much middle son was masking so as the older ones issues are really quite prominent in comparison I guess I'm pushing a bit more now? Hard to explain but I just don't see how a computer programme can decide???

First time posting so any advice on navigating is great! 

Parents
  • Do it profiler questions are quite biased towards working and study environments and then identify strengths and weaknesses to help guide reasonable adjustments and also tips and links about how to improve on some areas or tasks you may struggle with. This may be useful to pass onto the uni disabilities team as they may be able to offer extra support based on the report. But it doesn’t go as much into home or social areas. The ND screener will then show on a scale out of 4 whether you have traits for certain conditions and how many. The NHS trust has probably decided which number is the threshold for assessment. It’s likely to be at least a score of 3 (orange) or maybe even 4 (purple) if they are very pressured. Was he able to download the report for himself when he finished the questions?

https://embrace-autism.com This website has some useful all round tests, AQ-50 and RAADS are good starting points. Take these test results to the GP appointment in August

• Do it profiler questions are quite biased towards working and study environments and then identify strengths and weaknesses to help guide reasonable adjustments and also tips and links about how to improve on some areas or tasks you may struggle with. This may be useful to pass onto the uni disabilities team as they may be able to offer extra support based on the report. But it doesn’t go as much into home or social areas. The ND screener will then show on a scale out of 4 whether you have traits for certain conditions and how many. The NHS trust has probably decided which number is the threshold for assessment. It’s likely to be at least a score of 3 (orange) or maybe even 4 (purple) if they are very pressured. Was he able to download the report for himself when he finished the questions?

https://embrace-autism.com This website has some useful all round tests, AQ-50 and RAADS are good starting points. Take these test results to the GP appointment in August

Children