Do it profiler

Hi has anyone got any experience of an adult assessment using the do it profiler assessment online process? My 19 year old son was assessed like this as having several traits in all areas but the progamme deemed him not needing an assessment?

Bit of background we have had issues for a few years he has sensory issues, social and emotional issues and also other things going on he doesn't mask very well at all.  My younger (middle) son is 17 and has just received an autism diagnosis and he has masked the issues a lot better and because they have had no issues at school its not been flagged with the other issues

I have major mum guilt that I didn't know how much middle son was masking so as the older ones issues are really quite prominent in comparison I guess I'm pushing a bit more now? Hard to explain but I just don't see how a computer programme can decide???

First time posting so any advice on navigating is great! 

Parents
  • My 19 year old son was assessed like this as having several traits in all areas but the progamme deemed him not needing an assessment?

What was the assessment he received and what was it he was deemed to not need?

Also, was it NHS or private?

I have major mum guilt that I didn't know how much middle son was masking

Don't beat yourself up over this. Teenage boys are unlikely to want to show vilnerability as they are programmed to just want to fit in and be like their mates, and in that world difference is often seen as weakness so the masking is in full swing.

If he performs a RAADS test for autism then it should take into account his masking IF he answers the questions truthfully.

Can you clarify the first points please so we can make sure we are talking about the same thing.

• Hi the do it profiler didn't say he hadnt been accepted there was no information at all with why 

Oldest doesn't mask but he did say that the questions were open and could be interpreted in different ways?

Several traits in all areas of assessment

He struggles in so many areas and hadn't learnt the masking and gets very overwhelmed

Was an NHS do it profiler assessment to confirm if he needed an assessment although the gp one had said he does currently waiting for a gp appointment mid August just concerned about him returning to uni as the 1st year was a bit of a struggle

Middle son has had diagnosis confirmed and she could see him masking etc awaiting an? OT assessment? 

Sorry for the delay in replying thank you for the help and support

• Hi the do it profiler didn't say he hadnt been accepted there was no information at all with why 

Oldest doesn't mask but he did say that the questions were open and could be interpreted in different ways?

Several traits in all areas of assessment

He struggles in so many areas and hadn't learnt the masking and gets very overwhelmed

Was an NHS do it profiler assessment to confirm if he needed an assessment although the gp one had said he does currently waiting for a gp appointment mid August just concerned about him returning to uni as the 1st year was a bit of a struggle

Middle son has had diagnosis confirmed and she could see him masking etc awaiting an? OT assessment? 

Sorry for the delay in replying thank you for the help and support

Children
No Data