Autistic traits being more intense after death of parent.

Hello everyone, I'm new here and just wondering if anyone else has experienced what I have. I lost my dad just over 2 years ago and since then it seems all the traits I have have been cranked up and more intense. I always muddled through life and got by, but now it's very difficult for me and now probably realise that my dad was the safety raft that could always go to when feeling overwhelmed and kept a lid on things through my life. I never had my own family or friends so dad was like a best mate to me. Needless to say my mental health has declined. I think I could manage the ASD before and work around it but now it seems to be managing me massively.

Parents
  • I lost my Mam when I was 20 and my dad 6 years ago at 46, I overwhelming feeling which I had which may sound silly but I thought of myself as an orphan from then on, dont get me wrong I was absolutely devastated and still are 6 years later

• I lost my Mam when I was 20 and my dad 6 years ago at 46, I overwhelming feeling which I had which may sound silly but I thought of myself as an orphan from then on, dont get me wrong I was absolutely devastated and still are 6 years later

Children
No Data