Autistic traits being more intense after death of parent.

Hello everyone, I'm new here and just wondering if anyone else has experienced what I have. I lost my dad just over 2 years ago and since then it seems all the traits I have have been cranked up and more intense. I always muddled through life and got by, but now it's very difficult for me and now probably realise that my dad was the safety raft that could always go to when feeling overwhelmed and kept a lid on things through my life. I never had my own family or friends so dad was like a best mate to me. Needless to say my mental health has declined. I think I could manage the ASD before and work around it but now it seems to be managing me massively.

Parents
  • It's not uncommon for major life events, like the passing of a loved one, to have a significant impact on how we experience our traits and emotions. Grief can definitely amplify things we might have managed before. Remember that you're not alone – many people in the community have likely faced similar experiences and might have some insights to share.

By the way, have you ever come across those granite cremation benches? They're like a serene way to remember and honor loved ones. It's a reminder that they're always a part of us, even if they're physically gone.

• It's not uncommon for major life events, like the passing of a loved one, to have a significant impact on how we experience our traits and emotions. Grief can definitely amplify things we might have managed before. Remember that you're not alone – many people in the community have likely faced similar experiences and might have some insights to share.

By the way, have you ever come across those granite cremation benches? They're like a serene way to remember and honor loved ones. It's a reminder that they're always a part of us, even if they're physically gone.

Children
No Data