Quirks :)

I started keeping a list of some of my quirks because I find them amusing Slight smile so I thought I'd share some of mine, you can add your own ones to the thread below if you feel like it: 

- I can't touch hangers - they freak me out.

- certain kinds of pasta are WRONG.

- particular bowls in my kitchen are for specific things (pasta, cereal) and cannot be mixed up.

- I haven't worn underwear since the pandemic.

Parents
  • Does anyone else get phrases or tunes stuck in their head for days and days? I've had one popular Christmas song (I won't say wich just so you don't get it too!) in my head for days, it just goes round and round and round in the background of my mind.. 

• Constantly. 

Every day.

Anything can trigger it by association. 

There are a multitude of songs in my head awaiting the trigger.

This is a lifelong thing and I wonder if it has a name (other than ear Bug).

• You too huh? Maybe it does have a name.. 

Do you enjoy music? 

• I go through phases - I'll immerse myself in music for a while and become quite energised, creative, manic even, possibly. Then I reach saturation and can't do it any more, for a while.

I might occasionally watch TV, but I like the peace more. In the winter I just light the fire, the sight and sound of the flames is relaxing. It's the only light I like at night, it dances. 

• Do you enjoy music? 

I used to play music constantly, both 'popular' and 'classical'  and went to a lot of concerts.

However, as I've got older, I have become less and less able to listen to anything.

A lot of music triggers painful memories but it's not just that.

I haven't watched TV for 20+ years and no longer listen to Radio 4.

Something, and I'm not sure what, maybe the autism, has made me more insular.

How about you?

• Do you enjoy music? 

I used to play music constantly, both 'popular' and 'classical'  and went to a lot of concerts.

However, as I've got older, I have become less and less able to listen to anything.

A lot of music triggers painful memories but it's not just that.

I haven't watched TV for 20+ years and no longer listen to Radio 4.

Something, and I'm not sure what, maybe the autism, has made me more insular.

How about you?

Children
  • I go through phases - I'll immerse myself in music for a while and become quite energised, creative, manic even, possibly. Then I reach saturation and can't do it any more, for a while.

I might occasionally watch TV, but I like the peace more. In the winter I just light the fire, the sight and sound of the flames is relaxing. It's the only light I like at night, it dances.