Quirks :)

I started keeping a list of some of my quirks because I find them amusing Slight smile so I thought I'd share some of mine, you can add your own ones to the thread below if you feel like it: 

- I can't touch hangers - they freak me out.

- certain kinds of pasta are WRONG.

- particular bowls in my kitchen are for specific things (pasta, cereal) and cannot be mixed up.

- I haven't worn underwear since the pandemic.

Parents
  • I'm one of those people who has strong opinions on how to load a dishwasher and loads it up very precisely and efficiently like I'm building a rocket for NASA.

We also have some cutlery in our house with chunky handles and some with thin handles. I can't use a chunky knife with a thin fork (or vice versa) because it makes me feel lopsided.

You're right about the bowls, by the way. One type for cereal, another type for pasta. It just feels wrong to use them for different things.

• I have certain cutlery I can't use in my own house. It's somehow infiltrated my proper cutlery - probably from one of many house moves or accidentally bringing things home from other places. Even in other peoples houses I'll have strong cutlery preferences (eg. I will be given a 'wrong' fork) but I try not to say anything and get on with it so I don't make people uncomfortable. 

• My mum, bless her, has a drawer full of odd cutlery and it drives me crazy if I have a meal with her because I have to rummage around to find a matching set. At home I bought two full sets of the same cutlery to make sure I had enough. If I'd needed to buy more at a later date and couldn't find that same set I'd have taken them to a charity shop and bought all new matching ones.

• My mum, bless her, has a drawer full of odd cutlery and it drives me crazy if I have a meal with her because I have to rummage around to find a matching set. At home I bought two full sets of the same cutlery to make sure I had enough. If I'd needed to buy more at a later date and couldn't find that same set I'd have taken them to a charity shop and bought all new matching ones.

Children
No Data