Quirks :)

I started keeping a list of some of my quirks because I find them amusing Slight smile so I thought I'd share some of mine, you can add your own ones to the thread below if you feel like it: 

- I can't touch hangers - they freak me out.

- certain kinds of pasta are WRONG.

- particular bowls in my kitchen are for specific things (pasta, cereal) and cannot be mixed up.

- I haven't worn underwear since the pandemic.

Parents
  • I say (mostly in my head) certain words or phrases when I'm doing some things. Like my house keys are on an astronaut keyring so when I'm checking that I have them (after coming in or going out the front door mostly) I'll feel for their outline in my pocket and say "spacegirl... and her key". Or before I go to bed when I'm checking that everything is turned off and where it should be I do "that's off, that's off, that's off, stuff is up there, remotes and controllers, that's off".

I also don't leave the house for more than an hour without enough water and snacks and medication to last a day if something goes wrong (like if I get hit by a car and taken to hospital or trapped in a lift for hours, I'll be okay physically at least). 

• Have you ever turned on a light that's obviously not on just so you can physically turn it off again to be certain? I used to do it regularly but forced myself to stop doing it because it's so irrational.

• I can mostly trust my eyes enough not to do that. My short term memory, not so much, so there's a lot of going back because maybe I didn't actually check that light was off or that door was locked. 

• I can mostly trust my eyes enough not to do that. My short term memory, not so much, so there's a lot of going back because maybe I didn't actually check that light was off or that door was locked. 

Children
No Data