Quirks :)

I started keeping a list of some of my quirks because I find them amusing Slight smile so I thought I'd share some of mine, you can add your own ones to the thread below if you feel like it: 

- I can't touch hangers - they freak me out.

- certain kinds of pasta are WRONG.

- particular bowls in my kitchen are for specific things (pasta, cereal) and cannot be mixed up.

- I haven't worn underwear since the pandemic.

Parents
  • I suspect quite a few things listed here (ie this thread) and that I experience are to do with OCD, so I'll try to avoid those but just say some other 'odd' things about me.

There are quite a few - I could describe my late mother, then there would be LOADS.

So... I have butterfly chrysalids in my study that I talk to.  Once the butterflies emerge, I will have longer conversations.

They don't reply, sadly.

I will talk to any animal apart from humans (when I can avoid it). 

I also talk to myself a lot and I talk to inanimate objects.

I feel that inanimate objects have a life and feelings and I respect them.

If I throw something down the staircase I feel as though I'm going down with it and it makes me dizzy (I'm not talking about breakable objects here, I'm not that wierd).

I can close my nose so that I can't smell anything (ie inside) and I can close my ears so that I can't hear anything (ie inside).

With regard to my ears, I had a hearing test once and the chap said he could see what I was doing with his tech and had never seen anyone do that before.

I once had a nosebleed out of my eyes (confirmed via hospital).

All my clothes are grey or blue.  I sometimes buy white clothes and dye them grey.

All my clothes are in season, colour and size order in my wardrobe with mostly grey hangers.

I type lists of all tasks including a weekly table with daily tasks which is updated every couple of days for both of us.

I also have long-term tasks lists, a cleaning rota and shopping lists.

I've had quite a few paranomal, psychic and prophetic experiences.

That'll do for now.  There is too much more to add!

• I will talk to any animal apart from humans (when I can avoid it). 

I also talk to myself a lot and I talk to inanimate objects.

I feel that inanimate objects have a life and feelings and I respect them.

I can identify with these things. I regularly chat to plants too, including trees. 

• I am sure I read once that King Charles does this.

You are in good company Prince

Reply Children