Like toys and play

I am autistic level 2 or moderate to severe. 
My entire life I have loved to play with toys. It can be Lego, stuffed animals, bouncing balls, water toys, kinetic sand

I just love these things and many other toys. But I should not I am adult since long time.
It feels great playing with these things but I also like doing some grown up things too.
When feeling overwhelmed I still even am thumb sucking or use something else also when tired or not feeling well.
When eating I prefer just using my fingers at home only fork or spoon when not at home but it is a struggle.
I just feel the best when I can be myself.
I am just like this and was taught be ashamed of this but I dont want to be ashamed this is who I am
Is it okay or am I wrong in some way?

Parents
  • Hello again Sebastian.

Playing with toys can be a great way to stim or a sensory seeking activity for autistic people of all ages. There is nothing wrong with this at all. 

The people who taught you to be ashamed were wrong and clearly did not understand autism. It will be hard for you to shake off those beliefs but it sounds like you are doing great. Nobody should be ashamed of being themselves.

I love cuddly stuffed animals too, my current favourite is a Disney Eeyore.

• So cute Heart
    I love Eor too and have two of him Heart eyes

Reply Children
No Data