51yr old Newly Diagnosed - How To Inform Parents ‍♂️

Hello,

Newly diagnosed 51yr old also been told I may display ADHD traits so awaiting assessment on this also.

Problem I have is what to tell my parents who may struggle with the fact they missed the signs and most likely say they do believe the diagnosis. Does anyone have any advice on how to break the news. Thanks.

Parents
  • im 33 and i wont tell my parents. i wont tell them anything though and am usually more private, i more open up to randoms on internet i guess as to me its just a data stream. anyone thats a physical person id be more private.

although if your parents had troubles and was often wondering if you was playing up, telling them may give them a reason as to why you was the way you was and that you wasnt playing up with them and it wasnt purposeful. thats the only reason to tell them i suppose.

also autism is generally in the family so they too might have autistic traits anyway.... i can spot them in my father.

• im 33 and i wont tell my parents. i wont tell them anything though and am usually more private, i more open up to randoms on internet i guess as to me its just a data stream. anyone thats a physical person id be more private.

although if your parents had troubles and was often wondering if you was playing up, telling them may give them a reason as to why you was the way you was and that you wasnt playing up with them and it wasnt purposeful. thats the only reason to tell them i suppose.

also autism is generally in the family so they too might have autistic traits anyway.... i can spot them in my father.

Children
No Data