Finally feel free to be myself

After trying so hard to be the person that I thought I was supposed to be, I finally feel free to be myself, but I’m still getting to know the real me. Does anyone else feel the same after discovering you are autistic in “later life”? 

It has been hard to navigate in a world where I felt I didn’t belong. 

Parents
  • Congratulations on discovering the real you Tulip :)  It's so liberating. I'm a day away from my official diagnosis after "passing" my pre-diagnosis assessment 10 days ago.

For the first few days I really struggled as I was so sad for the person I was, who knew she was different but didn't understand why. I've already told a few people and some of them have questioned why I would persue a diagnosis when I'm in my 60s. To know myself (even if it's rather late) is incredible. 

• Thank you

Its lovely to mot feel i have to hide my quirkiness. So we have masked our struggles, personalities etc. to fit in with everyone. Havent we done well! But i am exhausted. So when im tired niw i rest, i dont push myself in an attempt to do what others do. Its like being set free. 

I hope things improve for the younger generation.

• Thank you

Its lovely to mot feel i have to hide my quirkiness. So we have masked our struggles, personalities etc. to fit in with everyone. Havent we done well! But i am exhausted. So when im tired niw i rest, i dont push myself in an attempt to do what others do. Its like being set free. 

I hope things improve for the younger generation.

Children
No Data