Finally feel free to be myself

After trying so hard to be the person that I thought I was supposed to be, I finally feel free to be myself, but I’m still getting to know the real me. Does anyone else feel the same after discovering you are autistic in “later life”? 

It has been hard to navigate in a world where I felt I didn’t belong. 

Parents
  • Hi Tulip. I only got diagnosed yesterday, so I am still figuring out how I feel. I do think I am being more authentic on my own though, as in doing and thinking what like without judging myself. I don't know how this will translate around other people though. 

I agree that after spending a lifetime of wondering "why am I like this?" and "What is wrong with me" it is a relief. 

• Hi Tulip. I only got diagnosed yesterday, so I am still figuring out how I feel. I do think I am being more authentic on my own though, as in doing and thinking what like without judging myself. I don't know how this will translate around other people though. 

I agree that after spending a lifetime of wondering "why am I like this?" and "What is wrong with me" it is a relief. 

Children
No Data