Online Dating

Do you think this is a good idea?

I've read about it and people seem to like it but a lot of people don't. I worry because of my autism I might not be understood by a lot of people. My last boyfriend who was also autistic wasn't the nice guy I thought in the end and ended up treating me horrible.

I'm tempted to do online dating but I'm anxious about it but at the same time I don't want to be alone for the rest of my life. I want to live someone, be loved and maybe have some children one day.

Parents
  • I think give it a try and most importantly give it time. There's no need to rush so just take your time and chat to people, see how it goes and get to know them. If they are pushy or a bit meh then delete that person and keep looking. It takes time to find the right person. I met my now husband online and I'm so glad I did. We're very happy together, understand each other and we now have two kids together. I chatted to him for several months before we eventually decided to meet. So there really is no rush. Take your time, and remember to be kind to yourself.

• I think give it a try and most importantly give it time. There's no need to rush so just take your time and chat to people, see how it goes and get to know them. If they are pushy or a bit meh then delete that person and keep looking. It takes time to find the right person. I met my now husband online and I'm so glad I did. We're very happy together, understand each other and we now have two kids together. I chatted to him for several months before we eventually decided to meet. So there really is no rush. Take your time, and remember to be kind to yourself.

Children
No Data