Online Dating

Do you think this is a good idea?

I've read about it and people seem to like it but a lot of people don't. I worry because of my autism I might not be understood by a lot of people. My last boyfriend who was also autistic wasn't the nice guy I thought in the end and ended up treating me horrible.

I'm tempted to do online dating but I'm anxious about it but at the same time I don't want to be alone for the rest of my life. I want to live someone, be loved and maybe have some children one day.

Parents
  • I think you need an open mind, and to be realistic when using online dating apps. It takes a lot of time to swipe and remove the ‘weeds’. If you don’t like the conversation or they are pushy or rude, just delete the chat and move forward. 
    When you create a bio, you could add something to suggest ASD. Mention you have a special interest, or that you are ND. Most people know what it means. 

If you’re anything like me, the ones you like the look of are ND anyway lol, even if they don’t know it yet!

• I think you need an open mind, and to be realistic when using online dating apps. It takes a lot of time to swipe and remove the ‘weeds’. If you don’t like the conversation or they are pushy or rude, just delete the chat and move forward. 
    When you create a bio, you could add something to suggest ASD. Mention you have a special interest, or that you are ND. Most people know what it means. 

If you’re anything like me, the ones you like the look of are ND anyway lol, even if they don’t know it yet!

Children
No Data