Congratulations to me?

HELLO 

I just finished my ASD screening and he diagnosed me very positively with autism. I 'meet and exceed' the criteria, apparently. I m 35 and have long suspected I am on the spectrum. 

Phew it feels like a bit of a relief actually, as my initial GP referral was sent this time last summer so it has been a bit of a waiting game. 

I went in with no idea what he was going to ask so was feeling really quite anxious and found some of the points really hard to discuss (I don't remember parts of my childhood) but we got there in the end. 

I sort of feel like celebrating a bit...is that weird? Tonight I will open a bottle of something nice maybe and raise a toast to me - haha. 

Parents
  • Wow that's fast! I was referred a year ago and haven't heard anything yet. My friend who got referred a year before me recently got paperwork to fill in prior to the assessment so I guess I'll hear from them in 2024.

Absolutely celebrate! Now you have info that can make your life better!

• Hey Nathan! Are you in the UK? If so please contact your GP and tell them you want to do something called 'Right to choose' - this will fast track your application. 

I am celebrating with a nice bottle of wine! 

Reply Children
No Data