Dream job disaster

Hi!

I am currently waiting for an autism and ADHD diagnosis but it’s looking very likely that I have both conditions.

I am struggling with employment and wondered if anyone could give any advice. I always did well at school, have a maths degree and ended up in the career that I had always dreamed of. Unfortunately, the career that I thought would be fairly numbers based is very heavy on written work, specifically explanations. I have always struggled with explaining things, so unfortunately am really struggling at work, which hasn’t gone unnoticed by my team. People I work with are often frustrated as I don’t pull my weight, despite me putting in a lot of effort. The writing and explanations just isn’t clicking with me.

I am at a complete loss as I always wanted to be in this career but it obviously isn’t suited to me. I feel like I would be better suited to a problem solving/analytical (non-writing) role, but just have no idea what is out there and am very scared of choosing the wrong career again.

I had a similar role at a different company but found that far easier since the work had a template format, making it far easier to know what I needed to write about.

Has anyone been through something similar? Or do you know of possible career paths forwards? What do you do for work?

Parents Reply Children
No Data