Does anyone else hate the Linux analogy?

Preface: I would do ANYTHING to be NT. ANYTHING. I hate having ASD and if there was a cure, I would take it without a second thought, because I would feel more feminine as an NT.

I especially do not like the analogy of NTs being Windows and NDs being Linux. I hate Linux. I don't want to be the nerd, the uncool one. I want to be Mac, a sleek, pretty, sexy Mac.

I hate the NDs are Androids and NTs are iPhones even more, and insist that it's the reverse, that NDs are iPhones and NTs are Androids, because iPhones are prettier, and I want to be the pretty, popular, feminine one. Does anyone else feel this way?

Parents
  • The problem is no one is really "happy" - or I prefer "content" until they are immersed in the thing they love, without fear of judgement. If there's one thing I've learned in the nearly 50 years I've been alive, it's that no one has it any better if we had an internal microscope. How can we know this is true? How many books and TV shows and how much social media has to constantly remind everyone what happiness is. The very thing humans tend to 'flaunt' is usually the thing they are afraid they don't have, so projecting an image of how they want others to see them, like branding, is slightly... neurotic behaviour.

Neurotypcial is another term for "Neurotic", which is far more correct according to Psychoanalysis. Concerned with everyone else's judgement, trying to read and interpret it. Afraid of being marginalised and ejected from the tribe.

At the end of the day any analogy can be demoralised. Any group, any person can gain or lose status, sexiness, and so on. We live in a Consume and Dispose society. I'd like to personally, not buy into this model. 

Internal worth, seeing others as valuable and my own self, is something typically of a spiritual quest, I'm afraid. But I'm not sure how else to exit these paradigms and learn to see through all the drama. Tomorrow the underdog will rule. And then something else will usurp that. If you can get off the merry go round, create you - your unique "becoming", and do things you enjoy, eventually these analogies will look like about as nonsensical as a fish on bicycle :) 

• The problem is no one is really "happy" - or I prefer "content" until they are immersed in the thing they love, without fear of judgement. If there's one thing I've learned in the nearly 50 years I've been alive, it's that no one has it any better if we had an internal microscope. How can we know this is true? How many books and TV shows and how much social media has to constantly remind everyone what happiness is. The very thing humans tend to 'flaunt' is usually the thing they are afraid they don't have, so projecting an image of how they want others to see them, like branding, is slightly... neurotic behaviour.

Neurotypcial is another term for "Neurotic", which is far more correct according to Psychoanalysis. Concerned with everyone else's judgement, trying to read and interpret it. Afraid of being marginalised and ejected from the tribe.

At the end of the day any analogy can be demoralised. Any group, any person can gain or lose status, sexiness, and so on. We live in a Consume and Dispose society. I'd like to personally, not buy into this model. 

Internal worth, seeing others as valuable and my own self, is something typically of a spiritual quest, I'm afraid. But I'm not sure how else to exit these paradigms and learn to see through all the drama. Tomorrow the underdog will rule. And then something else will usurp that. If you can get off the merry go round, create you - your unique "becoming", and do things you enjoy, eventually these analogies will look like about as nonsensical as a fish on bicycle :) 

Children
No Data