Cutting People Out

Have any of you noticed that, when things aren't going as you like or you don't know how to communicate certain things with friends or family, that over time you cut them out?

Parents
  • Yep!  I closed my FaceBook account and I closed Nexdoor account as well.  They ganged up on me on Nextdoor, and I could not be bothered with the trivia on FB. NAS is the only circle of "friends" I have as the town pariah. I'm use to it in my old age.  Since childhood I was always the odd one, the square pin trying to fit in. It has taught me self reliance, and a very thick skin.  My oldest son is an illustrator---that talent was inherited from my ex-wife who can trace her lineage back to Sir Josuah Reynolds founder of the Royal Acadamy of Arts. Anyway, and more to the point---during a recent tel.- con. with my son It became very apparent to me how much of a bubble my son has created for himself. He is totaly immersed with himself despite having his own family with two very demanding daughters. His attitude is probably reinforced through my autistic gene pool but is mainly through his mother's who was an absolute careless individual. My point is this; Thay are both (mum & son) very lucky people to be able to cast their fate's to the wind without any apparent concsious awareness outside of their little respective bubbles. Perhaps ignorance really is bliss.

• Yep!  I closed my FaceBook account and I closed Nexdoor account as well.  They ganged up on me on Nextdoor, and I could not be bothered with the trivia on FB. NAS is the only circle of "friends" I have as the town pariah. I'm use to it in my old age.  Since childhood I was always the odd one, the square pin trying to fit in. It has taught me self reliance, and a very thick skin.  My oldest son is an illustrator---that talent was inherited from my ex-wife who can trace her lineage back to Sir Josuah Reynolds founder of the Royal Acadamy of Arts. Anyway, and more to the point---during a recent tel.- con. with my son It became very apparent to me how much of a bubble my son has created for himself. He is totaly immersed with himself despite having his own family with two very demanding daughters. His attitude is probably reinforced through my autistic gene pool but is mainly through his mother's who was an absolute careless individual. My point is this; Thay are both (mum & son) very lucky people to be able to cast their fate's to the wind without any apparent concsious awareness outside of their little respective bubbles. Perhaps ignorance really is bliss.

Children
No Data