Cutting People Out

Have any of you noticed that, when things aren't going as you like or you don't know how to communicate certain things with friends or family, that over time you cut them out?

Parents
  • I have had the tendency to decide to phase out/cut off connections which I don't feel are going anywhere, but I look at it slightly differently now.

Were they really that one sided or have I had my own issues with demanding attention etc? Because my own self esteem and need for validation affected a lot of things.

Having said that, I do know when something isn't working anymore. There was one instance where I was too afraid to cut someone off because I knew they'd blast our conversations on social media and I didn't want to deal with that, although they did that anyway.

I do look now as to how comfortable I am with someone, and whether I can be myself, or close to myself, around them. 

• I have had the tendency to decide to phase out/cut off connections which I don't feel are going anywhere, but I look at it slightly differently now.

Were they really that one sided or have I had my own issues with demanding attention etc? Because my own self esteem and need for validation affected a lot of things.

Having said that, I do know when something isn't working anymore. There was one instance where I was too afraid to cut someone off because I knew they'd blast our conversations on social media and I didn't want to deal with that, although they did that anyway.

I do look now as to how comfortable I am with someone, and whether I can be myself, or close to myself, around them. 

Children
No Data