Anyone have problems with banks?

I cannot use a phone or go into a branch so I am having great difficulty with second level authentication when shopping online.  I wondered what other people's experiences have been.

Parents
  • Not a fan of banks since humans were removed from the processes....in circa 2008 in my world.

I keep my affairs as simple and straightforward as possible ... there is no one there to help me with the "online" nonsense that we are all forced to engage with these days.

Cash is king....and simple.  Always my preferred means of transaction.

• Not a fan of banks since humans were removed from the processes....in circa 2008 in my world.

I keep my affairs as simple and straightforward as possible ... there is no one there to help me with the "online" nonsense that we are all forced to engage with these days.

Cash is king....and simple.  Always my preferred means of transaction.

Children
  • Cash is king....and simple.  Always my preferred means of transaction.

I took a fe hundred quid out the bank when I was back in the UK in May - 2 weeks later I was about to leave and realised I hadn't spent any of it - most everywhere was cashless transactions or ordering online.

I ended up giving it to my mum to spend as it is rapidly becoming obsolete.

This seems to ne very much the banking systems preference as all transactions an be recorded so they can pass on the info to marketing companies for target their advertising, pass to the government so they can make sure your transactions line up with your declared money and tax you accordingly and to the police so they can find out if you are up to no good,

Scary stuff and it is all more or less here now.