Anyone have problems with banks?

I cannot use a phone or go into a branch so I am having great difficulty with second level authentication when shopping online.  I wondered what other people's experiences have been.

Parents
  • It depends on your bank I think, my main bank account I can get a code sent to my mobile phone via text or get sent an email then type into the shopping website authentication page but my credit card will ask me to open the mobile app to authorise the payment. When you say you can’t use the phone is that for speaking to people? If you are able to use apps/text/email on a smartphone maybe someone can help you set up online banking. I find it so convenient to have on my phone, especially now lots of branches are closing down or open at times I can’t go

• It depends on your bank I think, my main bank account I can get a code sent to my mobile phone via text or get sent an email then type into the shopping website authentication page but my credit card will ask me to open the mobile app to authorise the payment. When you say you can’t use the phone is that for speaking to people? If you are able to use apps/text/email on a smartphone maybe someone can help you set up online banking. I find it so convenient to have on my phone, especially now lots of branches are closing down or open at times I can’t go

Children
No Data