Anyone have problems with banks?

I cannot use a phone or go into a branch so I am having great difficulty with second level authentication when shopping online.  I wondered what other people's experiences have been.

Parents
  • I'm fine with it in the UK, but the banking system here in Brazil is a confusing mess of incompetence and bad design.

Do you have someone who can help you through the process of setting it up and becoming familiar with how it works day to day?

I don't think the banks will make much allowance for people in your situation as it costs them staff and designing systems for what they consider too small a minority to invest in.

My mother (late 80s) was trained up by me and she helps the other people of her generation in her sheltered housing to navigate the new way of doing things. She finds that explaining it in ways that makes sense to their mind is the key.

Everything is based around what is called multi-factor-authentication which means you need to not only know your passwords and passcodes but have a device that is unique to you (mobile phone normally) that they can send a third piece of password to.

The reasons for this is that hackers are very advanced now and the banks need to create new and effective ways to make it incredibly difficult to impersonate you.

I rather suspect it will be a case of learn or stop using it unfortunately.

• I'm fine with it in the UK, but the banking system here in Brazil is a confusing mess of incompetence and bad design.

Do you have someone who can help you through the process of setting it up and becoming familiar with how it works day to day?

I don't think the banks will make much allowance for people in your situation as it costs them staff and designing systems for what they consider too small a minority to invest in.

My mother (late 80s) was trained up by me and she helps the other people of her generation in her sheltered housing to navigate the new way of doing things. She finds that explaining it in ways that makes sense to their mind is the key.

Everything is based around what is called multi-factor-authentication which means you need to not only know your passwords and passcodes but have a device that is unique to you (mobile phone normally) that they can send a third piece of password to.

The reasons for this is that hackers are very advanced now and the banks need to create new and effective ways to make it incredibly difficult to impersonate you.

I rather suspect it will be a case of learn or stop using it unfortunately.

Children
No Data