Does anyone else find low dose SSRI's have severe side effects?

I just started taking Citalopram 10mg, and it's the 6th day, but I'm reluctant to take it due to the side effects, mainly of a sexual nature. But I'm feeling a dry throat, dry mouth, drowsiness, confusion, and agitation.

Should I stop taking these or not? The only reason I ask is because the sexual side effects at least are removing my ability to get dopamine reliably. As there are fewer sources outside of it that can help. And especially ones that give me such joy and pleasure. 

Parents
  • I took half a pill of the lowest available dosage of paroxetine and was up all night with severe nausea, extreme abdominal pain, shaking and feeling drunk. Every time I drifted off to sleep my brain would immediately wake me to let me know I might be about to throw up. Needless to say I did not keep taking them, as there was no way I could eat while feeling like that and I was already underweight with no desire to end up in hospital.

Some research suggests autistic people have an overabundance of serotonin. I'm about to try experimenting with cyproheptadine (reduces serotonin) to see if it helps my lifelong gut issues.

• Hi - I take sertraline and other SSRIs and they can affect libido massively. I have been withdrawing from the meds over 3-4 years so be mindful if you want to take long term, expect a long withdrawal and slow tapering. 

• @DA great advise 

• Sorry you are correct I think only admin can remove.

Reply Children
No Data