Does anyone else find low dose SSRI's have severe side effects?

I just started taking Citalopram 10mg, and it's the 6th day, but I'm reluctant to take it due to the side effects, mainly of a sexual nature. But I'm feeling a dry throat, dry mouth, drowsiness, confusion, and agitation.

Should I stop taking these or not? The only reason I ask is because the sexual side effects at least are removing my ability to get dopamine reliably. As there are fewer sources outside of it that can help. And especially ones that give me such joy and pleasure. 

Parents
  • What is the reason you started taking Citralopam?  If you dont want to answer that, then thats fine.

Is it worth it? Do you really need them? 

My friend recently started taking Citralopam, she suffered with increased anxiety on taking them, but this has now reduced, but only after a few weeks of suffering. She also now sufferers with sexual dysfunction. 

Antidepressants are known to cause sexual dysfunction. 

• I started taking them for my suicidal thoughts, OCD and anxiety. I can't continue if they cause continuous sexual dysfunction since it's my only reliable source of dopamine or even pleasure. Where a few things in my life don't bring as much pleasure to me as it does other people (I'm called spoilt for it but that's not it at all) 

• I started taking them for my suicidal thoughts, OCD and anxiety. I can't continue if they cause continuous sexual dysfunction since it's my only reliable source of dopamine or even pleasure. Where a few things in my life don't bring as much pleasure to me as it does other people (I'm called spoilt for it but that's not it at all) 

Children
No Data