Waking up

I regularly have a sleep in the afternoon. On waking i feel dreadful, drowsy, disorientated and struggle to get started. Does anyone else experience this?  I have always slept a lot, and having a sleep in the day doesnt seem to affect my ability to sleep at night time. 

Parents
  • I wake up regularly around 4am to 5am. Then I can't get back to sleep.  Today I went to sleep at half past midnight, woke up 5 am,   now, I am semi conscious from about 3pm to now (5:30pm) .  I feel awful.

• I have a similar pattern. I start work at 07:00 so have to be up by 06:00 at the latest. Normally though I'm awake well before my alarm at between 04:30 and 05:30 every day without fail. My alarm hasn't actually woken me for about 6 months or more. Then I get home in the evening, go for a walk, have something to eat, and by 18:00 to 19:00 I'm nodding off on the sofa. But even if I force myself to stay awake, or go to bed really late, I still wake up early, feel even more tired the next evening, and so on. Come the weekend when I don't have to get up for work my body clock still wakes me up at around 05:00 so I get up and go for a walk while there are not many people about. My only worry is that I'm not getting enough sleep. Do you get more aches and pains when you sleep less? It's almost like your body isn't getting enough repair time.

• I have a similar pattern. I start work at 07:00 so have to be up by 06:00 at the latest. Normally though I'm awake well before my alarm at between 04:30 and 05:30 every day without fail. My alarm hasn't actually woken me for about 6 months or more. Then I get home in the evening, go for a walk, have something to eat, and by 18:00 to 19:00 I'm nodding off on the sofa. But even if I force myself to stay awake, or go to bed really late, I still wake up early, feel even more tired the next evening, and so on. Come the weekend when I don't have to get up for work my body clock still wakes me up at around 05:00 so I get up and go for a walk while there are not many people about. My only worry is that I'm not getting enough sleep. Do you get more aches and pains when you sleep less? It's almost like your body isn't getting enough repair time.

Children
No Data