Waking up

I regularly have a sleep in the afternoon. On waking i feel dreadful, drowsy, disorientated and struggle to get started. Does anyone else experience this?  I have always slept a lot, and having a sleep in the day doesnt seem to affect my ability to sleep at night time. 

Parents
  • Yes I also have this problem. If I don't have a nap in the afternoon I end up going to bed around 7pm because I'm so exhausted. Which then shifts my waking time forward to 3am. It's a bad cycle, and the nap helps to keep it at bay by allowing me to stay up until 9 or sometimes even later in summer. But it does take a long time to get going again afterwards. It helps a little to bring a drink and snack into the bedroom with me and have that on waking.

• Yes I also have this problem. If I don't have a nap in the afternoon I end up going to bed around 7pm because I'm so exhausted. Which then shifts my waking time forward to 3am. It's a bad cycle, and the nap helps to keep it at bay by allowing me to stay up until 9 or sometimes even later in summer. But it does take a long time to get going again afterwards. It helps a little to bring a drink and snack into the bedroom with me and have that on waking.

Children
  • 1960's Goblin "Teasmade" for the win?

(Not in my case, sadly, it took too much "regulairity" to remember to set it up every night. And when I did want to use it, the square (?) teapot was really difficult to get all the mould out of...)