Waking up

I regularly have a sleep in the afternoon. On waking i feel dreadful, drowsy, disorientated and struggle to get started. Does anyone else experience this?  I have always slept a lot, and having a sleep in the day doesnt seem to affect my ability to sleep at night time. 

Parents
  • From awake to leaving the house for work, for me takes two hours. I can shorten the process, but I'm still no damn good for two hours after I awaken from a full nights sleep. The period after I first awaken is horrible, and always has been for as long as I can remember. 

VItamin B13 seems to reduce my overall sleepiness, but I am still experimenting with it.

Recently, I've tried a program of sleeping just whenever I want, and waking up whenever I do (natural, cat style) but it doesn't seem to have improved my start up time, nor demeanor on waking up.

Just makes me unavailable when others are, sometimes. There's a REASON behind traditional approaches to human activities such as when is good to sleep and when it is not, but it was good to have had the opportunity to find out for myself.

• From awake to leaving the house for work, for me takes two hours. I can shorten the process, but I'm still no damn good for two hours after I awaken from a full nights sleep. The period after I first awaken is horrible, and always has been for as long as I can remember. 

VItamin B13 seems to reduce my overall sleepiness, but I am still experimenting with it.

Recently, I've tried a program of sleeping just whenever I want, and waking up whenever I do (natural, cat style) but it doesn't seem to have improved my start up time, nor demeanor on waking up.

Just makes me unavailable when others are, sometimes. There's a REASON behind traditional approaches to human activities such as when is good to sleep and when it is not, but it was good to have had the opportunity to find out for myself.

Children
No Data