Waking up

I regularly have a sleep in the afternoon. On waking i feel dreadful, drowsy, disorientated and struggle to get started. Does anyone else experience this?  I have always slept a lot, and having a sleep in the day doesnt seem to affect my ability to sleep at night time. 

Parents
  • I used to do this every day after school as a child. I'd get home about 15:45 - 16:00, get some food, go upstairs and lye down, watch the children's BBC / ITV stuff, fall asleep by about 17:00, sleep until 18:00 ish then get woken up for dinner and upon waking just feel really groggy and sickly for ages after. I try to avoid naps in the day time now for similar reasons, if I do so I feel absolutely awful for hours after being woken up. I used to get to the weekend and have a mega sleep Friday night to Saturday afternoon but I never get to do this any more due to family so I'm just tired out all the time now.

• I used to do this every day after school as a child. I'd get home about 15:45 - 16:00, get some food, go upstairs and lye down, watch the children's BBC / ITV stuff, fall asleep by about 17:00, sleep until 18:00 ish then get woken up for dinner and upon waking just feel really groggy and sickly for ages after. I try to avoid naps in the day time now for similar reasons, if I do so I feel absolutely awful for hours after being woken up. I used to get to the weekend and have a mega sleep Friday night to Saturday afternoon but I never get to do this any more due to family so I'm just tired out all the time now.

Children
No Data