My poor 73 year old NT partner.

Hi folks,

I have recently been diagnosed ADHD + Autism. I am 66 years old. I don't have to elaborate on the difficulties my life has held for me as an undiagnosed person. My thoughts though are for my partner of 30+ years who really could do with some support and solace herself.

Are there any NT partners out there who could offer some advice, support, encouragement for her. Even a coffee and company would be so welcome. She is a lovely person who has always been there for me and deserves some Heart.

John.

• Hi John, 

I don't have anything beneficial to your point to say, BUT I did want to say that I think what you're doing is amazing. If you were my partner I would feel so, so happy that you are telling me you are happy! Make a big gesture! Let her know how you feel! 

• Hello Iain,

Thanks for this. Really appreciated. I have sent away for the Very Late Diagnosis book.

I am hoping to find some groups where NT partners can meet for mutual support.

Thanks again,

John

• Hello John, welcome to the club.

The following books may be helpful in your situation:

for your wife:

22 Things a Woman Must Know If She Loves a Man with Asperger’s Syndrome - Rudy Simone (2009)
    ISBN 9781849058032

Loving someone with Asperger's syndrome_ understanding & connecting with your partner - Ariel, Cindy N (2012)
    ISBN 9781608820771

The Other Half of Asperger Syndrome - Maxine Aston (2013)
    ISBN 9781849054980

for you:

Very Late Diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome - Wylie, Philip_ Beardon, Luke_ Heath, Sara  (2014)
    ISBN 9781849054331