Emotional/psychological attachment to objects/belongings

I was wondering today if this is an autistic thing.

I've spent several decades collecting objects and the last decade+ trying to rid myself of the majority.

However, I have given up on the idea of ever being minimalist.

I notice that I remember where everything came from, even, when purchased, which shop in which town.

I try not to be sentimental about things, but sometimes I can't help it.

My mother, who I believe was autistic, was a hoarder in quite an extreme sense.

My autistic friend finds it very hard to part with belongings.

Everything has an association.

Are others like this and are there contributors here who are genuinely minimalistic and don't have an attachment to things?

Parents
  • I also have strong attachment to my belongings. That’s why I have a big stress if I can’t find something. Now it’s manageable but in the past there were huge meltdowns on daily basis mainly for this reason. I had to know where are all my things, that they are on their places in order to feel calm and comfortable. 

• I also have strong attachment to my belongings. That’s why I have a big stress if I can’t find something. Now it’s manageable but in the past there were huge meltdowns on daily basis mainly for this reason. I had to know where are all my things, that they are on their places in order to feel calm and comfortable. 

Children
  • I enjoy having sets of things, something going missing from a set is unbearable. It’s like part of me is missing. Benjamin Franklin wrote, “ A place for everything and everything in its place.” Maybe he was ND.