Learning to become more sociable and to make friends

Hello,

My daughter aged 18 years has always been isolated and could not make friends with girls.

She is very bright but too direct and confrontional with people when she disagrees.

I do not know how to find someone to teach her to become more sociable, and to make freinds ?

Can you help ?

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi, Where I come from a person is not expected to offer an opinion unless it is asked for or if an opinion is offered during a conversation it is usually ended with a question asking what other person(s) thinks. But then with me it is probably a cultural difference as I was not educated here.  I find consistant self opinionated people a real downer. The more they try to ram their opinion the quiter I get. In the past I have reached a point where no verbal response was made by me. That usually ends the interaction..

This probably is not practical advice for your daughter. I have a step daughter who never shuts up and speaks about things she knows nothing about, trying to cover up her ignorance with a joke. This is not exactly a way to win over friends.

• Hi, Where I come from a person is not expected to offer an opinion unless it is asked for or if an opinion is offered during a conversation it is usually ended with a question asking what other person(s) thinks. But then with me it is probably a cultural difference as I was not educated here.  I find consistant self opinionated people a real downer. The more they try to ram their opinion the quiter I get. In the past I have reached a point where no verbal response was made by me. That usually ends the interaction..

This probably is not practical advice for your daughter. I have a step daughter who never shuts up and speaks about things she knows nothing about, trying to cover up her ignorance with a joke. This is not exactly a way to win over friends.

Children
No Data