Desert Island Discs

The format has always been eight tracks, one book and also one luxury item on your desert island. Not a big list of groups, eight tracks only, most probably only give a reason for the top two favourites and why your one book is so important to you. The luxury item is up to you.

Parents
  • Can I have a GPS equipped helicopter with sufficient fuel to make ti to the mainland as my luxury item? 

I'll figure out how to fly it as I go along...

I was going to ask for an excavator, but I would eventually get tired of the tunes and book, & run out of diesel for the digger, whereas, If I got me a helicopter I can enjoy my holiday with the tunes and book (which probably should be the pilots notes for the chopper to be sensible, dry stuff, but probably useful...) then when I get bored, fly home and sell the helicopter, and buy a decent excavator with the proceeds... 

• The rules exclude any item that may facilitate your escape. The island is your life and no contact with the outside world.

• To be honest Roy, at this point, I am more concerned about how or if I am going to survive, than I am about providing a soundtrack, and I have no information about the island other than it is a desert...

I've decided I'm not going... 

To Be Fair, since I've been playing you up a bit, I did put quite some effort into making the choices requested.

There's simply too much to choose from and I know from experience than even owning eight whole carefully chosen albums (I sold ALL my records n 1984 and committed to CD's, and at £20.00 a pop only bought a few to begin with. A decision I have never come close to regretting) is simply not enough.

The one album that really couldn't be found on CD (Phillip J wells, "The last survivors") I got a mate to digitise for me a few years ago... 

And, besides, it being a desert island what would I play the discs on? Unless I restrict myself to 78's and take a wind up gramophone for my luxury item, then the choice is easier.

1: There'll always be an England featuring Charlie Kuntz on the mighty Wurlitzer.

2: The dambusters march by billy cotton and his band

3. The lazy gondoiier by Mantovani and his Orchestra

4. Putting on the Style by lonnie donegan and his skiffle band

5. I'm alabammy bound by lonnie d

6. A version of the radetsky march

7. Three coins in the fountain, also mantovani.

8. The ten inch version of Devo's (I can't get no) satisfaction (I'd find a way to make the thing play it at 45!)

And for the book, gotta be the bible. As comprehensive a one as I can get, with the forbidden bits preferably. I can try and make sense of it all whilst expiring from one of the many hazards a desert island has to offer...

• To be honest Roy, at this point, I am more concerned about how or if I am going to survive, than I am about providing a soundtrack, and I have no information about the island other than it is a desert...

I've decided I'm not going... 

To Be Fair, since I've been playing you up a bit, I did put quite some effort into making the choices requested.

There's simply too much to choose from and I know from experience than even owning eight whole carefully chosen albums (I sold ALL my records n 1984 and committed to CD's, and at £20.00 a pop only bought a few to begin with. A decision I have never come close to regretting) is simply not enough.

The one album that really couldn't be found on CD (Phillip J wells, "The last survivors") I got a mate to digitise for me a few years ago... 

And, besides, it being a desert island what would I play the discs on? Unless I restrict myself to 78's and take a wind up gramophone for my luxury item, then the choice is easier.

1: There'll always be an England featuring Charlie Kuntz on the mighty Wurlitzer.

2: The dambusters march by billy cotton and his band

3. The lazy gondoiier by Mantovani and his Orchestra

4. Putting on the Style by lonnie donegan and his skiffle band

5. I'm alabammy bound by lonnie d

6. A version of the radetsky march

7. Three coins in the fountain, also mantovani.

8. The ten inch version of Devo's (I can't get no) satisfaction (I'd find a way to make the thing play it at 45!)

And for the book, gotta be the bible. As comprehensive a one as I can get, with the forbidden bits preferably. I can try and make sense of it all whilst expiring from one of the many hazards a desert island has to offer...

Children
No Data