Obsessed with someone

Hi I’m William I’m 18 and I’m autistic and I have got really obsessed with someone a 41 year old I just want to ask is this normal for me to become really obsessed cause I’m really worrying that I’ve ruined my perfect freindship with her and her son I feel so awful for it i never wanted it to end like this I feel so upset about it I’m worrying for her cause social services are involved and kinda the police cause of my obsessed behaviour I feel super awful for this I’m so upset every day I’m worried so much I’m gonna be taken away can anyone please give me some tips please about this 

Parents
  • I'm sorry to say this, but if the police and social services are involved, it's already ruined and you're not going to un-ring that bell.

Your number one priority needs to be just stopping, because if you continue doing whatever it is you've been doing, it will continue to escalate. Accept what's happened and reflect on what you did so you can avoid repeating the same pattern in future. You almost certainly will want to look into therapy.

• what TriS said.  its done and anything you try to do to 'fix it' will not work as it is nothing more than the continuation of your obsession.

• Ok I’m really sorry for wasting time 

• Yeah thanks I’m blocked so I can’t message her yeah good idea I won’t apologise until things have been properly sorted for myself to ge5 support I need 

• I’m super sorry 

You listened and took the advice - no need to apologise to us.

And please, don't try to apologise to the lady and her son - just stay away from all contact until you speak to your therapist.

Good luck in your journey ahead

• I’ve filled in online form for a therapist I have I’m really sorry everyone on here if I’m annoying u all I feel really bad I’m super sorry 

• I'm with Touay and TriS on this.

Your behaviour meets the definition of stalking:

www.merriam-webster.com/.../stalking

a crime of engaging in a course of conduct directed at a person that serves no legitimate purpose and seriously alarms, annoys, or intimidates that person

It is a crime. Reflect on that as it could very easily end up with you behind bars.

Get helpfrom a psychologist now - make contact and keep records of the contact in case you end up being prosecuted - do it straight after you have read this please.

This should help you realise how incredibly wrong your approach has been, get you on a route to healthier behaviour and give you something for your defence if it should come to it.

This is coming from a place of compassion but I'm spelling it out bluntly as you are already deep in the hole and we need to help you understand what to do.

• NO!   She doesn't want to understand more about you, or hear from you or know that you are 'sorry'!

you have to STOP!

go and look up therapist in you area or how you can access NHS mental health services ... now, this evening.

• NO!   She doesn't want to understand more about you, or hear from you or know that you are 'sorry'!

you have to STOP!

go and look up therapist in you area or how you can access NHS mental health services ... now, this evening.

Children
  • Yeah thanks I’m blocked so I can’t message her yeah good idea I won’t apologise until things have been properly sorted for myself to ge5 support I need 

• I’m super sorry 

You listened and took the advice - no need to apologise to us.

And please, don't try to apologise to the lady and her son - just stay away from all contact until you speak to your therapist.

Good luck in your journey ahead

• I’ve filled in online form for a therapist I have I’m really sorry everyone on here if I’m annoying u all I feel really bad I’m super sorry 

• I'm with Touay and TriS on this.

Your behaviour meets the definition of stalking:

www.merriam-webster.com/.../stalking

a crime of engaging in a course of conduct directed at a person that serves no legitimate purpose and seriously alarms, annoys, or intimidates that person

It is a crime. Reflect on that as it could very easily end up with you behind bars.

Get helpfrom a psychologist now - make contact and keep records of the contact in case you end up being prosecuted - do it straight after you have read this please.

This should help you realise how incredibly wrong your approach has been, get you on a route to healthier behaviour and give you something for your defence if it should come to it.

This is coming from a place of compassion but I'm spelling it out bluntly as you are already deep in the hole and we need to help you understand what to do.