I am feeling so alone in my marriage.

I'm married to this person for over a decade,  he is autistic,  he spend his time talking to himself instead of talking to me, we don't have children because he never wanted children, but I did, now that I am 41 years old I regret bitterly I listened to him and now we don't have children.  I feel like is getting more and more distant towards me.   We don't make love.  He just want to go out with other people.  When I try to have a conversation with him, he just keeps shouting at me and getting aggressive. 

I feel like I am alone in this marriage. All I I do is crying,  I don't care if my husband is autistic,  I just want him to love me as much as I love him. 

Anybody like me I would like to know please??

I need advice please. 

Parents
  • Sorry you are feeling very lonely in your relationship OP. I do question the validity of the reported autism here though, it's not often you get an autistic person who would rather go out to socialize with many people when we more frequently attach to one or two people with a strong intensity, actually it makes me worry for you because if the autism is a misdiagnosis, some advice we give here could be even worse than simply unhelpful. Your situtation here has been only barely covered in an abridged 5 sentences, one of which seems to run contrary to another. I can't help but think what if we give advice taking it at face value he is autistic, but in actual fact he has borderline personality disorder, narcissism, or any other thing that has ever been misdiagnosed as autism and vice versa? Because you also said he would rather be "talking to himself" than talking to you.
    I think it best if I offer you more generalised advice based on this concern and this is as he is getting aggressive and you don't have kids, you are actually in  the best position to escape if he ever crosses the line and becomes outright violent, he shouldn't be shouting and getting aggressive with you  just for trying to talk to him anyway, autism (genuine or not) isn't an excuse, and that is abusive behaviour. Please don't stick in a bad relationship out of some sense of loyalty to someone who doesn't love you back. You might not bear the thought of not being in a relationship now, but if you already feel lonely in the relationship you might as well cut free and find someone who will love you back as much as you are prepared to love them in return.

• Sorry you are feeling very lonely in your relationship OP. I do question the validity of the reported autism here though, it's not often you get an autistic person who would rather go out to socialize with many people when we more frequently attach to one or two people with a strong intensity, actually it makes me worry for you because if the autism is a misdiagnosis, some advice we give here could be even worse than simply unhelpful. Your situtation here has been only barely covered in an abridged 5 sentences, one of which seems to run contrary to another. I can't help but think what if we give advice taking it at face value he is autistic, but in actual fact he has borderline personality disorder, narcissism, or any other thing that has ever been misdiagnosed as autism and vice versa? Because you also said he would rather be "talking to himself" than talking to you.
    I think it best if I offer you more generalised advice based on this concern and this is as he is getting aggressive and you don't have kids, you are actually in  the best position to escape if he ever crosses the line and becomes outright violent, he shouldn't be shouting and getting aggressive with you  just for trying to talk to him anyway, autism (genuine or not) isn't an excuse, and that is abusive behaviour. Please don't stick in a bad relationship out of some sense of loyalty to someone who doesn't love you back. You might not bear the thought of not being in a relationship now, but if you already feel lonely in the relationship you might as well cut free and find someone who will love you back as much as you are prepared to love them in return.

Children
No Data