I am feeling so alone in my marriage.

I'm married to this person for over a decade,  he is autistic,  he spend his time talking to himself instead of talking to me, we don't have children because he never wanted children, but I did, now that I am 41 years old I regret bitterly I listened to him and now we don't have children.  I feel like is getting more and more distant towards me.   We don't make love.  He just want to go out with other people.  When I try to have a conversation with him, he just keeps shouting at me and getting aggressive. 

I feel like I am alone in this marriage. All I I do is crying,  I don't care if my husband is autistic,  I just want him to love me as much as I love him. 

Anybody like me I would like to know please??

I need advice please. 

Parents
  • Communication is key, not only from him but between you both, so make sure you regularly share. Tell him how you feel

I would also say that children would only amplify this problem. A distant partner would likely be a distant dad, so you would be parenting more in that scenario. So I think that's not a guarantee of the grass is green with children.

Is there a way to bridge the gap? It isn't the same, but many of us on the spectrum love animals, could caring for a dog or cat being you some sense of parental responsibility and also bring him out of his internal world a little? A bonding exercise?

Sending you my best Thumbsup Keep talking, he will be listening even if it doesn't always come across that way

• I would also say that children would only amplify this problem. A distant partner would likely be a distant dad, so you would be parenting more in that scenario. So I think that's not a guarantee of the grass is green with children.

I agree people who try to fix relationships that are in a bad place already by having kids might as well be trying to put out a fire by pouring petrol on it.

Reply Children
No Data