Does anyone else constantly replay conversations and think about what they wish they said?

I say "does anyone else" like it's a unique experience, particularly for the Autistics among us with terrible rumination issues, but I've noticed it is getting worse for me.

I can't respond to things in the moment so I end up really frustrated and angry immediately after.

I think a lot about future conversations. I see a therapist and I spend hours on end thinking about what I'll say, how I'll say it and even with a list of notes to accompany me, I'll still come away afterwards thinking about what I wish I said.

Is it because I'm not "in the moment" enough?

Parents
  • I get the exact same thing. It used to be not to bad but now it is much worse and I fear it will continue this way. I spend a lot of time planning my conversations but it doesn't do much except cause he anxiety and to overthink. After conversations I replay what just happened and focus on it for hours. It's caused be terrible social anxiety!

• I get the exact same thing. It used to be not to bad but now it is much worse and I fear it will continue this way. I spend a lot of time planning my conversations but it doesn't do much except cause he anxiety and to overthink. After conversations I replay what just happened and focus on it for hours. It's caused be terrible social anxiety!

Children
No Data