Feeling lonely, no idea how to meet people local

I want to meet people as I'm minimally speaking and actually have little to no real life friends. The place I'm in gives opportunities which I do take, but I'm often ignored because I can't speak that well. I'm not sure how to go about meeting people in that case. I do have moderate to severe sensory issues, I can handle a busy restaurant on a good day, but on a bad day I'd rather die than be there. 

And I need something to distract me from various thoughts. I'm in my mid 20s if that's any help. 

Parents
  • I actually just registered here for the same question. I managed to make some friends and can go to random socials, but I would love to find a place where I can do some hobbies with people, with regulars. I'm quite tired of superficial chats with random people on all the same boring topics. But I can't find anything interesting even in London. Clearly I just don't know where to search.

• I actually just registered here for the same question. I managed to make some friends and can go to random socials, but I would love to find a place where I can do some hobbies with people, with regulars. I'm quite tired of superficial chats with random people on all the same boring topics. But I can't find anything interesting even in London. Clearly I just don't know where to search.

Children
No Data