Feeling lonely, no idea how to meet people local

I want to meet people as I'm minimally speaking and actually have little to no real life friends. The place I'm in gives opportunities which I do take, but I'm often ignored because I can't speak that well. I'm not sure how to go about meeting people in that case. I do have moderate to severe sensory issues, I can handle a busy restaurant on a good day, but on a bad day I'd rather die than be there. 

And I need something to distract me from various thoughts. I'm in my mid 20s if that's any help. 

Parents
  • Joining a gym was one of the best decisions I ever made.  Met lots of nice people as the gym has a large number of regulars.

it has been beneficial to me both physically and mentally.  Having spoken to some of the regulars, it is also clear that they also enjoy the social aspect of being there as much as the exercise.

In case you’ve never had much to do with gyms, I should mention that joining a gym doesn’t mean punishing training  (unless you want to).  You can go at your own pace.  At a decent gym you won’t be judged.

• That's too much for me. Even then, I think there's a high change I'll be bullied there because I'm mute and out of shape. 

Reply Children
No Data