Is it just me or does it have to do with being autistic?

I have a hard time asking questions but I also have a harder time asking for simple favors.

I am not sure if it is my pride, but I like to prove that I don't need help from anyone, I can do it by myself. It's not right to be extreme in this and I am working on learning and improving. 

I wonder if someone has similar experiences.

Parents
  • I always thought it was because being a young kid I was taught I was deficient a "hopeless child", so I didn't want to ask for help in case in reinforced that idea in peopels heads even when I really needed help. If I had broken my leg a mile from home I would jave elected to crawl back rather than ask a passer by for assistance.

ofc I have better self esteem as an adult so it doesn't apply any more. At least not in the same way. As an adult I won't let anybody take over or butt-in on a task I know I could do with time and patience, I don't like being patronised to regarding people making assumptions about what I can and cannot do.

• I always thought it was because being a young kid I was taught I was deficient a "hopeless child", so I didn't want to ask for help in case in reinforced that idea in peopels heads even when I really needed help. If I had broken my leg a mile from home I would jave elected to crawl back rather than ask a passer by for assistance.

ofc I have better self esteem as an adult so it doesn't apply any more. At least not in the same way. As an adult I won't let anybody take over or butt-in on a task I know I could do with time and patience, I don't like being patronised to regarding people making assumptions about what I can and cannot do.

Children
No Data