Is it just me or does it have to do with being autistic?

I have a hard time asking questions but I also have a harder time asking for simple favors.

I am not sure if it is my pride, but I like to prove that I don't need help from anyone, I can do it by myself. It's not right to be extreme in this and I am working on learning and improving. 

I wonder if someone has similar experiences.

Parents
  • It's definitely not just you! I've always struggled to ask for help, I'm not sure why, probably because I'm so bad at interacting with others I wouldn't know how to say "please can you help me?". Lol. Whenever I've tried before my brain just shuts down and leaves me to fend for myself looking like a twit. It's also partly independence on my part, I like to try to be as independent as possible but usually I do need people to help me with most things.

• It's definitely not just you! I've always struggled to ask for help, I'm not sure why, probably because I'm so bad at interacting with others I wouldn't know how to say "please can you help me?". Lol. Whenever I've tried before my brain just shuts down and leaves me to fend for myself looking like a twit. It's also partly independence on my part, I like to try to be as independent as possible but usually I do need people to help me with most things.

Children
No Data