Is it just me or does it have to do with being autistic?

I have a hard time asking questions but I also have a harder time asking for simple favors.

I am not sure if it is my pride, but I like to prove that I don't need help from anyone, I can do it by myself. It's not right to be extreme in this and I am working on learning and improving. 

I wonder if someone has similar experiences.

Parents
  • I'm a pretty private and independent person who likes to be able to do things without help. i never asked for help before, even if i needed it, and i think i still do. i don't think i really ask for help still, but rather I will inform people that im struggling. at which point they empathise, or much better, give advice. if someone else has advised me, that means that's what they would do in my situation, which sort of means it's okay for me to do that without feeling like i have to prove myself? idk. 

i know others experience this, but whether it is an autistic trait idk. 

• I'm a pretty private and independent person who likes to be able to do things without help. i never asked for help before, even if i needed it, and i think i still do. i don't think i really ask for help still, but rather I will inform people that im struggling. at which point they empathise, or much better, give advice. if someone else has advised me, that means that's what they would do in my situation, which sort of means it's okay for me to do that without feeling like i have to prove myself? idk. 

i know others experience this, but whether it is an autistic trait idk. 

Children
No Data