Is it just me or does it have to do with being autistic?

I have a hard time asking questions but I also have a harder time asking for simple favors.

I am not sure if it is my pride, but I like to prove that I don't need help from anyone, I can do it by myself. It's not right to be extreme in this and I am working on learning and improving. 

I wonder if someone has similar experiences.

Parents
  • I don't find it easy to ask for help either... Not sure why. I remember my dad stopped talking to me for few days when I was a teenager because I had a financial trouble and didn't ask him for help. He was deeply sad. I miss him so much. I'm not sure if it's an autistic thing. Maybe I'm just used to not ask for it??. I'm also very private and independent person.. asking for help means that I'll have to explain a lot of details. Also, I do things my way and it's usually not the usual way and I want someone who would just help me do it my way without judgement and do it correctly, perfectly!! Maybe I slowly learned that it's easier to rely on myself..

• I don't find it easy to ask for help either... Not sure why. I remember my dad stopped talking to me for few days when I was a teenager because I had a financial trouble and didn't ask him for help. He was deeply sad. I miss him so much. I'm not sure if it's an autistic thing. Maybe I'm just used to not ask for it??. I'm also very private and independent person.. asking for help means that I'll have to explain a lot of details. Also, I do things my way and it's usually not the usual way and I want someone who would just help me do it my way without judgement and do it correctly, perfectly!! Maybe I slowly learned that it's easier to rely on myself..

Children
No Data