Is it just me or does it have to do with being autistic?

I have a hard time asking questions but I also have a harder time asking for simple favors.

I am not sure if it is my pride, but I like to prove that I don't need help from anyone, I can do it by myself. It's not right to be extreme in this and I am working on learning and improving. 

I wonder if someone has similar experiences.

Parents
  • Yes, I struggle to ask for help as well.  Partly it’s the thought of having to explain myself to others.  I don’t do that well.  If I need to ask something when I am at work, am worried will be thought an idiot. I have to tell myself sometimes that if I don’t ask for help on something, the situation is just going to get worse.  Then I will look an even bigger idiot.

• Yes, I struggle to ask for help as well.  Partly it’s the thought of having to explain myself to others.  I don’t do that well.  If I need to ask something when I am at work, am worried will be thought an idiot. I have to tell myself sometimes that if I don’t ask for help on something, the situation is just going to get worse.  Then I will look an even bigger idiot.

Children
No Data